Pork and Lamb are SOLD OUT for the season!
There will be a limited quantity of cuts for sale this fall. Make sure you are on our mailing list to receive updates.
Whole/Half Pigs and Lambs
- In the fall, we will take our pigs and lambs to Adams Farm in Athol, MA to be processed and butchered. BBF Growers will pay for the slaughter and processing fee. After slaughter, the animal is weighed (this is called the “dressed” or “hanging” weight), and the cost will be calculated using this number. You will pay for any butchering, packaging, and smoking fees. The weight in cuts that you receive will be around 25% less than the dressed weight, but varies depending on the animal and the cutting directions.
- Cutting: If you order a whole animal, you will be able to specify your own cutting directions. If you order a half animal, we will fill out the cutting directions for you, but will do our best to cater to your individual preferences. For whole animals, you can choose to have your meat cut and white wrapped (+$70 for pigs; $.75/lb for lamb) OR cut and vacuum sealed (+$120 for pigs; $.95/lb for lamb). For a half animal, you will pay half this cost.
- Smoking: If you choose to have Adams Farm smoke bacon/pork belly, hocks, hams, etc., there is an additional cost of $1.65/lb.
- Price: The final cost of your animal, due at time of pickup, will be calculated in the following way: (Dressed Weight * Price/lb.) + Cutting/Packaging Fee (optional) + Smoking Fee (optional) — Deposit
- We will let you know (by email) one week before your meat will be ready for pickup and ask that you please arrive promptly. All cut meat will be frozen (make sure you have your freezer space ready).
- If you have any questions, please ASK!